The first name that comes to one’s mind while thinking of shopping is Bangkok, Thailand. Bangkok, the capital of Thailand, is the most populous and happening place in the country. It’s well known for its age-old culture, beautiful temples, delicious food and happy people. What takes the city a notch above most others is the immense shopping that your eyes cana feed on.
Whatever be your style and preference of shopping, Bangkok has something to offer for everyone. This city never disappoints! Whether is high-end retail stores, couture boutiques, everyday brands or street shopping, Bangkok has it all. Here’s a list of our top favourite shopping destinations in Bangkok:
- Platinum Fashion Mall: This is a favourite among the locals as well as the tourists. It’s basically air conditioned street shopping! It is absolutely the best place to go if you want to shop for above average quality items at reasonable prices. Clothes, fashion jewellery, accessories, shoes, makeup, leather products, Platinum houses it all! It also has a fairly decent food court where you can plonk yourself when you tired of carrying those numerous shopping bags.
- Siam Paragon: One of the biggest malls in Bangkok, Siam Paragon has practically every other luxury brand that exists. Another USP of shopping here is that it has something for everyone, be it your partner, friends or children. Other than the numerous shops, Siam also boasts of the largest aquarium in Southeast Asia, a world-class food court and a multi screen cinema.
- Chatuchak Weekend Market: This market is usually held on the weekend i.e. Saturday and Sunday. It’s a favourite with the tourists as well as the locals. You get a plethora of things to shop from, ranging from clothes to shoes to accessories to souvenirs to food to household items. The market has over 10000 stalls! Yes, you heard it right. Even if you spend your entire weekend there, it’ll be a task for you to visit each and every stall there.
- Terminal 21: A fairly new mall, Terminal 21 is located in the Sukhumvit area of Bangkok. It’s been designed as per different city themes, giving the shoppers a unique feel. Most of the medium to high-end international as well as local brands have their stores here. Moreover, the food court there has practically every cuisine in the world. It also has some lovely bakeries and coffee shops, ideal for your mid shopping breaks!
- MBK Centre: The Ma Boon Krong Centre opened its doors to the public in 1995. It was one of the first air conditioned shopping centres for economical shopping, ideal for school and college going students. Apart from trendy apparel, footwear, accessories, electronics, and cosmetics, MBK is the place to buy imitation branded items. So be ready to shop and flaunt your Gucci bag and Dior shades!